UK Tax News
UK Tax Date

New tax forms, online calculator and NIC Sections

We are glad to announce that TaxUndo Ltd has now opened a new section on the website in line with our expanded service range in the field of National Insurance and State benefits:

Read Now Tax News
UK Tax Calendar
UK Tax Date

Impending Deadlines

Monthly PAYE/NIC/CIS tax to 5th January due.

Key UK Tax Dates

Offshore Tax

North sea Tax Rebates

Welcome to the Oil & Gas Industry tax area. If you are an offshore employee paying UK tax while working on rigs/installations - everything about you UK tax is here. Check the Oil & Gas tax sections below and find out more about claiming a 100% UK refund, getting the relevant tax forms or making a tax calculation. Income tax on oil rig workers is a very complicated area, especially in the North Sea. If you have a specific query about UK tax on offshore employment, you can ask a professional tax adviser and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Tax Aid for oil & gas workers - the tax advantages of working offshore.

If you work offshore in the oil & gas industry, especially in the North Sea, you can save a lot of tax, even all of it! Most importantly: depending on your country of residence you may be able to claim relief under the UK non-residency rules commonly known as "Foreign Earnings not Taxable in UK", or "Overseas Earnings Deduction". In many respects this is the most effective form of tax planning.

Offshore work and UK Taxation - what is my position? In the case of a full-time employment on offshore installations in the Oil & Gas industry, you may be entitled to claim full relief from UK tax. It depends on many factors, the most important of which are as follows:

  • Your country/place of fiscal residence.
  • The position of the rig/installation, e.g. UK sectors of the North sea, non-UK sectors etc.

How can I claim - do I need the SA Tax Return? Yes, especially if you work in the UK sectors of the North Sea, your employer will deduct UK tax from your salary. Relief is usually available under the relevant UK tax rules - "Foreign Earnings not Taxable in UK", aka "Overseas Earnings Deduction", so you need the SA Tax Return to claim 100% of your tax back. Our advisers will provide more details in this respect after they've checked your particular status.

Claiming an Oil & Gas tax refund can be done by completing a few tax forms and sending them to the UK tax office along with some other documents. Note that you must have the P45/P60 vouchers from your employer(s). To ensure you get the maximum possible refund (usually 100%) and avoid mistakes and delays, we recommend that you use our professional help.

Claim Offshore Tax Refund

Oil & Gas Tax Calculations

Claiming an Oil & Gas tax refund is usually a complicated matter, therefore we recommend that you contact our advisers before trying to calculate the refund.

North sea Tax Refund

Offshore Worker's Tax Forms

The most popular tax forms concerning employment income on offshore rigs/installations are the SA Tax Return, and the relevant supplements - Non Residence Pages, Employment Pages, Additional Information Pages, etc, however you may as well need the R43 form. The particular tax form you need will depend on your circumstances. For more details, please contact a professional - TaxUndo Ltd will provide you with free advice on UK tax forms in 24 hours.

Get Free UK Tax Form

More questions on Oil & Gas workers tax?

If you have a specific question about your tax as an offshore employee you can ask a tax adviser right now! TaxUndo will provide you with a free consultation in 24 hours.

Ask Oil & Gas Industry Tax Query